Friday, February 22, 2013

Accountability

Macy and I weighed ourselves this morning.   She's 26 lbs.  Ironically, that's exactly what I need to lose to reach my goal weight!  Looking at that little person really puts into perspective how much I want to take off. 

I don't think I'm fat, but I'm not happy with my weight.  I tend to eat whatever I want and exercise regularly only in the summer. I'm not a kid anymore and my metabolism isn't going to keep me at a regular weight if I don't work at it!  I'm tired of wondering if my pants or suits are going to fit month to month. I want to feel like an athlete when I run agility.  I don't want to cringe when I see myself in a picture or video.  I want my kids to think their mom is trim and healthy, and follow that example.

Ever since my 4th baby I've been carrying the 'Freshman 15', and well, I'm no Freshman.  That last baby left me with a belly and my body didn't recover on its own like after the first 3 babies. She's two years old now, so I can stop waiting for it to happen on its own!  This is obviously going to take some effort on my part.

26lbs would take me to my goal weight.  That weight may be a bit ambitious, but I've never shied from a challenge.  I am anxious to get smaller jeans, fit into shorts that have been in my drawers for years, and be happy with my health and fitness.  Where before I've always relied on exercise to lose weight, this time I am focused on diet.  I know that this will not only help me reduce my weight, but improve my overall health. 

I've asked my husband to join me on this journey.  I challenged him to a 30 day weight loss 'adventure'.  I don't know how excited he is, but he also could greatly benefit from a better diet and weight loss.  Since we're carefully selecting our meals, our children are also benefiting!  Not only are they reaping the benefit of healthy meals today, but they are learning how to eat and how important nutrition is for their futures.

Obviously the reason I shared all of this is for accountability.  I can secretly lose 5 or 10 lbs, and then gain it back without most people noticing.  This is a major goal and is going to take some time and a lot of effort.  Now I've put it out there.  If I fail, everyone who reads this will know.  I hope my pride will be my motivation on days when I want to quit. 

 I have a 26lb weight loss goal.  Let's see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment