Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Welcome 2013! New Year, New Resolutions
Instead of searching for a piece of paper with my resolutions from last year, this time I just read the blog. As usual, I was disappointed that I hadn't fulfilled all of my resolutions, but there were some bonus surprises. Overall I enjoyed 2012 and the experiences that I never could have imagined.
Looking at my 5 resolutions from last year, I did enjoy the first one, the blog. It was a resolution to give blogging a try for one year. I definitely plan to continue. I will take the Tuesday 'deadline' away. That caused too much pressure and there for a while, I avoided the blog all together. I will blog when I can, or when I'm inspired.
I was supposed to concentrate on my health. I wanted to eat better, exercise, and lose weight. Um, not so much. I do okay until late fall when the weather gets colder and I don't want to go outside to run. And then Thanksgiving and Christmas come around with all of those yummy treats. This one will definitely make the list again for 2013.
I wanted to improve my Bible study. Okay, so while I didn't improve much with my home Bible study, we did have a good year for church attendance. We travel quite a bit for dog shows and miss Sundays when we are gone. We did attend every Sunday that we were home. No sleep-in excuses this year. There were times when all 6 of us didn't get to go together due to work schedules or illness, but some of us went.
Number 4 was organization. I made progress but still want to continue with this one. I made new file boxes for the overwhelming amount of paperwork around here. I want to clear out some clutter and make a place for everything. This is a BIG project!
The final resolution was actually a collection of goals with my dogs. I wanted Glory's MACH and ATCh, Quinn's ASCA CH, and Ryder's AKC CH. I did achieve the ATCH and ASCA CH. We didn't quite complete the other too, but made great progress. Glory is only 3 QQs from the MACH, and Ryder is sitting at 13 pts, 1 major in AKC. We only attended two AKC shows with majors this year. A surprise accomplishment was Indy's ASCA CH!
So now I look at 2013. I'm very excited for this new year. Life is going well and I hope we will have many new adventures in this new year.
My 5 New Year's Resolutions for 2013:
1. Improve my health and weight. I am going to be more specific on my personal weight goal. I know that I will have to alter my diet and exercise plan to achieve this.
2. Continue to organize my home. My family knows how stressed I get when I can't find something or the house is a mess.
3. Goals with dogs: My list of goals for this year includes around 20 titles on 9 of our dogs. (6 of mine, 3 are the kids') Now I know we aren't going to get all of those titles, but I have to have something to shoot for with each dog. The big ones I'm going for are a MACH, two AKC CHs, two ASCA CHs, and an RMX.
4. Better time management. In simpler terms, I want to learn to be on time. I'm always about 10 minutes late. I'd really like to be more organized and prompt.
5. More Bible study time. This is a carry over from last year, but also goes with #4. If I can better organize and manage my time, I will better be able to find 15 minutes a day to spend in God's Word.
So here we go! It's a fresh start and I'm ready to go!