Monday, January 2, 2012

If I could stop time...

If I could stop time, I would do it right now. Life is good. I have a sense of satisfaction and peace. My kids are at ages I love. Madie is 9 (not for long!) She's grown up enough to understand the world and carry on great conversations. I love watching her . Emma is 7. It's a wonderful age of innocence and companionship. I enjoy hanging out with her even though she talks non-stop about every trivial thing. Her world is just her family and friends. She is so giving and cuddly. Drew is 3. This is an amazing age for a little boy. Physically he can conquer pretty much anything. While he's never been a big talker, he can tell the stories of his adventures, argue with the best of them, and defend himself when his creativity leads him astray. Macy is 1. She walks and talks and climbs and plays. She tells you what she wants or doesn't want, but she's still a baby. She needs her momma and fits perfectly on my hip. I don't even mind the diapers. I have a snuggly baby, a fun toddler, a cuddly little girl, and a budding young lady. Yep, I'd keep them just this way if I could.

I like being 35. I have wisdom gained from experience, but am young enough to still have energy and feel pretty good. I can run and play with my kids and keep up with my dogs in agility. I'm sure I'll chuckle at the fact that I felt 'wise' at 35 when I'm 45 or 55, but I am sure a whole lot wiser than I was at 25 or 15!

My family is still very much intact. My parents are youthful and healthy. I am blessed to have three out of four of my grandparents still living and a part of my life. All aunts, uncles, cousins, are accounted for. My old dogs aren't too old. My childhood horse still romps through the fields around our house. My friends are following their dreams and sharing happy memories.
The government may be a bit shaky, but it hasn't failed yet. Our economy may be in the pits but my husband has a job. There is food on the table and the bills are paid.

I know things will change. I know there are hard times ahead... sad times, difficult decisions. There will be times of tearful prayer and anguish. But today things are good, and if I could stop time, I'd stop it right now.

2 comments:

  1. Kleenex please...

    Blessings ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow u should write a book! U r an amazing writer! Love this!

    ReplyDelete