Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let's give blogging a try...

Today is January 1st, 2012. It's a day of New Year's Resolutions. Like many people, I've been thinking about what I need to do to make this a good year, reach my goals, and be a better person. The idea of a blog came from many friends that write blogs. Sometimes I drop in and read them and get a little insight into their lives. I've always had mixed feelings about blogs. Why would someone want to read about what I do, feel, think? Everyone has his or her own life to live. One of the reasons I decided to try a blog this year was for the purpose of documentation. I would love for my kids to have our memories written down to look over some day. I've tried a journal, I'm years behind on photo albums, and I'm not much of a scrapbooker. This year I'll try a blog and see how it goes. I keep a website for our show dogs and update that every Monday. My goal is to add a post to the blog every Tuesday.

It wouldn't be a proper New Year's Day without some resolutions:
1. Blog. I want to give this an honest, one-year attempt.
2. Health.. I want to lose weight, exercise consistently, and improve my diet. I have some health issues that I would love to overcome and I know diet would help. After having four babies in the last ten years, my body could certainly use some toning. As I'm now in my mid 30's, it is time take care of this body so that I can be around for a long time! Ironically, I do plan to keep a food/exercise diary for accountability.
3. Bible study. I would like to spend some time in God's word every day, even if I only get to read one verse. God did give us an instruction book for life, and it's foolish that we try to muddle our way through life without reading it.
4. Organization. This one is rather generic. I would love to get my life in order, get all closets clean, files in order, and just generally de-clutter my house and life.
5. Goals with my dogs. I do have a full list of goals for each dog that will be competing this year. The big ones are a MACH, ATCH, AKC CH. and ASCA CH. I don't worry too much if I don't reach all of my goals, but they are good to acknowledge. They motivate me in my training and help me get out of bed on those early dog show mornings. (especially the cold,dark mornings!)

I have an English degree that I seldom get to use as a stay-at-home mom. I do hope this blog will help me stretch my writing muscles now and then. Here's a poem to start off the new year:

A New Year

Life is filled with loss and gain,
May your year have joy and little pain.
May your outlook be optimistic and fair,
What you gain is what you share.
Each step towards a goal is closer to the End,
Be mindful how each day you spend.
Look forward with hope, live today with love,
Give thanks for each blessing you receive from above.
Live for no regrets, hold your loved ones near,
With head held high, charge into this new year!

DW

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to keep up with the blog! There is a new book out that might help you out with #2 & #4 - It's called "PUSH" by Chalene Johnson. It's about fitness and diet, but ALSO she has an AWESOME system for time management and goal setting that is life changing. It's like getting two books in one. And I love the Fitbook (they have them at Target w/ the fitness DVD's) for a good diet/exercise journal. They have Jr. versions too - Katie loves hers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the book suggestions Ferreh! I will definately look them up!!

    ReplyDelete